Are you all ready for a little grown up craft? GET EXCITED. Okay, so did you ever make one of these as a kid?
Wasn’t it so fun to pick different colors and watch the pattern develop? No? Just me? Okay, well this recipe is just like that kiddy project from yester-year. One of my favorite things to do is make homemade taco seasoning because LOOK. AT .THIS.
Ooooh. Aaaaaaah. It’s just so beautiful, isn’t it?! What’s even better is that it tastes delicious, if I do say so myself. 🙂 My hubby raves about it, so you may want to give it a try.
Need more convincing?
- It’s free from msg, preservatives, and anything artificial. And it’s gluten free!!
- Kids love to help. They think it’s slightly less cool than I do, though. Whatever. Make sure everyone gets a turn to shake it up! That’s fun too!
- It makes a great gift! Sometimes I’ve filled a small jar and tied a cute ribbon around and voilá!
First, gather the ingredients, obviously. I usually keep all of these spices together in a separate place to make sure I always have what I need for this recipe. Be sure to take note of what’s low when you’re done so you can re-stock. Taco seasoning is LIFE!
- 4 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. Paprika
- 2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Oregano (or basil!)
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- (optional) Add chili flakes if you’re feeling extra spicy! 😉
I’m sure you know what to do, but if not, mix all ingredients together – shake shake shake! Store in an airtight container, like the Ball jar I used. **TIP: I use a 28oz jar, which requires this recipe x4 to fill the whole jar.** Add 3 Tablespoons of the mix and 1/2 cup of water to 1 lb of ground beef, turkey or venison. If you’re fancy, you can cook with 1/2 diced onion. Then stir, simmer, and SAVOR (did you like my use of alliteration there?!) 😉