Okay I’m totally going to sound like a cheapo by saying this buuuut paying a babysitter for three kids is expenSIVE. It totally adds up when you want to stay out for hours with your main-squeeze out-on-the-town or hanging with friends. Don’t get me wrong, babysitters deserve the money and totally earn it – have you SEEN how rowdy my boys can be?! But I only like to spend moolah at Home Goods, remember? 😉
SO, for the married folk out there, how do we bond with our lovers without spending a fortune (why does the word “lovers” make me blush a little?!) Well, I’ve chatted with friends and put together a list of some of our best ideas for IN HOME date nights that begin aaafter bedtime – the best time of the day, right?! 😉
- Drive-in movie. Or, rather, don’t drive anywhere but grab your laptop or iPad and bring it into your car/truck/minivan, stream a movie, snuggle up and enjoy! Maybe smooch a little too. *more blushing*
- Game night. Pull out your favorite board game or card game and LET THE GAMES BEGIN! I bet you haven’t played some in years. See below for a few ideas.
Two-person Board Games:
- Guess Who
- Ticket to Ride
- Skip Bo
Two-person Card Games:
- Slap Jack
- Gin Rummy
- Egyptian Ratscrew
- Dutch Blitz
Have fun!! But don’t play too loud, or you’ll wake the kids (or neighbors!)
- Cookie baking. Get out your cutest apron, favorite cookie recipe (or anything, really) and bake away! And if you’re feeling really romantic, you could bake a cookie in the shape of a heart and be sure to eat that one right outa the oven. Speaking from experience here… YUM and AWW at the same time! ❤
- Fashion show. Want to purge some of your wardrobe? Maybe it’s just me, but I hang on to too much stuff thinking “I think that still fits” or “I think I still like this” but you REALLY don’t know until you try it on again. So, go through your closets to find out what you still like or don’t like and then you’ll feel more confident about what you can get rid of. And I guarantee you’ll get some laughs along the way!
- Nintendo. Challenge one another to your favorite Mario Kart race (depending if/what system you may have). This is SO MUCH FUN! However… if you’re crazy competitive, and will end up mad or in a fight, then maaaaybe do something else.
There you have it. Top five ideas. The weekend is coming, so plan some time to spend with your spouse. Have fun dating!
*Huge hugs!* …and a smooch for my hubby. *MUAH!*