It wouldn’t be Fall without a decked out front porch, amiright? Fall is definitely my new favorite season. Summer used to be my favorite so I could bake in the sun, go to the pool, and drive with the windows down, but SHOOT…I’m getting wrinkles, I don’t wanna get my hair wet, and I prefer the A/C on. 🤓 WOW I’m getting old. Bring on aaaall the stereotypes — yoga pants, cozy sweaters, cute booties, pumpkin spice lattes, aaaaand I’ll meet ya at Target. 😉
Okay, let’s get to it! Want to decorate your porch? You probably already have by now, but if not, now is the time! 🙂 Here are the 5 Steps:
- Shop your house. This is something I do ALL THE TIME — any time I’m trying to refresh a space or change things up. I guarantee you have something in your house right now you can use on your front porch. A cute antique chair? A vase to fill with pine cones? An empty frame you can add a Fall printable to? Tall candle holders? A cute basket or crate? A flannel or knit throw blanket? The options and ideas are endless. Take a look! And guess what…these items are FREE!
- Decide on your color palette. Based on what you’ve gathered from around your house, or from your current stash of Fall decor, decide on your color palette. Do you have mostly bright colors, or muted tones? You can go so many different directions with Fall decor! Want to see a few color palette options for inspiration?
So simple and pretty, right? I love the soft orange and cream pumpkins here!
Oooh-la-la! So sharp looking, right? Can’t go wrong keepin’ it classic with black and whites!
Pinkkkkkkkk! I LOVE pink! This is so so pretty! Pops of color always make me happy! ❤ 🙂
Ooooh I love this too! Soft green, orange, and creams with a straw basket….gorg!!!
Last one, I promise! I love the soft orange with the maroon and creams. 😍
I told ya…there are so many beautiful color schemes to use for Fall!
- Okay back to our “steps”! After you’ve gathered what you have and decided on your color palette, you can go “play” on your porch! Set out what you have to see what works and what doesn’t. It’s always nice to add some height to your decor so try setting a piece of decor on a chair, or on an upside down crate or basket. You’ll easily be able to tell what works and what doesn’t.
- What’s missing? Do you need one big mum to complete the look? Or a colorful Fall wreath? Pumpkins? Fall door mat? Purchase any necessities to complete the Fall arrangement. Look here if you need a reminder on how to shop on a budget. 😘
- Step back, and enjoy! Oh, and invite me over for apple cider or pumpkin pie, m-kay?! 😉
In my case, I’ve been collecting items for years so when I look at what I have, it’s easy to tell that my color palette will be bright orange, yellow, white, and black (the color of our front door and buffalo plaid rug).
I made these ⬇️, by the way! Fun, huh?? I’ll have to teach you how in another post (although it was pretty easy and self-explanatory). 😉
Another Tip: Put your kids to work to sweep off your patio, but watch ’em close — they’ll want to run off with your pumpkins! 😉
This year, I purchased a hay bale at Michael’s for $8, on sale, of course, a $6 yellow mum from Walmart, and a few artificial pumpkins from Hobby Lobby for… I-don’t-remember🤨. I feel like fake pumpkins seem kinda lame, I know, but we have some very frisky squirrels that I don’t feel like feeding, okay?!
I wish I was a better photographer, but it’s kinda cute, right? 😜 Oh yea, and I bought the Fall wreaths for $22 each (Kirklands) and the mat for $13 (Target). Okay, maaaaaybe my porch wasn’t totally on a budget, but I’ll spend next to nothin next year! Boo-yea! 💪
Decorating is totally an investment for your eye-pleasing-enjoyment for years to come. 😉 Hope you enjoyed these tips and seeing our Fall porch come to life. Lots of love to you!
~ Kara Sue (and Lyndi Sue) ❤ ❤